Selling your property, whether it is a primary home or income property, is easier if you have the information your buyers are likely to want to know on hand. Type up an info sheet answering the most commonly asked questions buyers have when looking at real estate for sale such as:
- How old is the roof?
- What comes with the property? Window treatments? Do all of the appliances come with the property?
- How old are the appliances?
- Does the basement leak?
- Where are the hot water heater, the electrical service panel, and other important maintenance items located? Are they easy to access?
- Are you open to owner financing?
- What is the age and condition of the plumbing and wiring?
- Are there schools nearby?
- What is the average utility cost per month/year?
- Have you had any major problems in the past? Your normal seller’s disclosure does not require you to list problems you had and have fixed. Some sellers would like to know what those problems were. It can give them an idea if they are likely to be a recurring problem (like flood damage) or if the fact that you already had the issue and fixed it they will not likely have to deal with that particular problem in the future.
Of course, you should always have the general information about your real estate available such as square footage of the building, property size, zoning and any restrictions or easements.
Having all of the information on hand will prove to potential buyers that you’re serious, that you’re prepared to be upfront with them about any issues your home may have, and that you’ve taken excellent care of your home.
Thinking of Selling Your Home? We specialize in Selling Homes in your area quickly and at the highest price. Find out more by calling us today at 888.964.4070 or emailing us at Homes@MainstreetGroup.com